Daily Bruin Alumni Network

Events

2018

October 5-6

Come back to Kerckhoff Hall to reconnect with fellow alumni and meet current Bruin staffers! We can't wait to see you.

We are SOLD OUT of afternoon and dinner tickets for the Daily Bruin Alumni Network Reunion. Thank you to all who have RSVPed and expressed interest.

Event Details

Afternoon schedule

Join us Friday afternoon for an open newsroom and breakout sessions with past and present Daily Bruin staffers. Panels will include discussions with Los Angeles Times reporters who are adjusting to a new office and new ownership. The current managing team will discuss the latest news around campus and how things are going at The Bruin. For students, sessions will include a careers panel.

See the full schedule outlined below:

Alumni Dinner and Distinguished Alumni Award

That evening, we will gather in the James West Alumni Center for a reception and dinner program, which will feature Cari Champion, the Daily Bruin Alumni Network's first Distinguished Alumni Award winner.

Champion is one of only a few African-American women anchoring shows at ESPN, and she has become a trailblazer in media. Described as a “game-changer” by Vogue in 2016, she was one of two women named to Sports Illustrated’s prestigious list of Six to Watch in 2016 and was recently included in the Ebony Power 100 of 2017 for representing women in an industry dominated by men.

Patrick Healy, an NBC4 Southern California reporter and Daily Bruin alumnus, will emcee the dinner.

The network will offer updates from the organizational leadership and fundraising committees and there will be plenty of time to enjoy dinner with friends, old and new.

Saturday activities

Join one of our meet-ups on Saturday, either to tailgate the UCLA football game in Pasadena or watch together in Westwood. Location specifics to come.

Please check out our Facebook event for updates about the reunion or to ask questions. The UCLA Alumni Association will send parking details and directions to all attendees in the days ahead of the event.